Sunday 6 April 2008

Snow in April

Today I woke and outside was covered in a blanket of snow. It was about 7.20am and it was still snowing. After feeding the baby his milk, I was ready to head into the back garden armed with my tripod and camera. I took some shots of a spiders web which was holding snowflakes, daffodils bowing their heads and other flowers and objects. Here are a few:
20080406-_MG_2260

and

20080406-_MG_2142-2
A little later, I headed down to the canal where it was very peaceful, hardly anyone around. Down by the Canal On my walk back to the car, I had a chance to think about the Contrasts assignment, I'd been trying to decide how best to depict Strong without using too obvious a subject, so I came to the conclusion that either a strong looking tree might do the trick or a photo which is lit with shafts of light (which might be difficult to make). Anyway, the tree idea would be easy and I already have a suitable picture: Strong Strong I might try making shafts of light if I get a spare hour or two this week. Another option might be to cut out a shape (like the Chinese symbol for strength) and light through it; the shape on the wall/floor might work?

No comments: