Monday 14 April 2008

Assignment 1 - Continuous

I'm working on Assignment 1 - continuous today. I've gone for the age old symbol, a ring (my wedding ring) and have taken some shots on the table top studio in the lounge (the coffee table). I don't had a dedicated macro lens at the moment and so I'm using a Canon 17-40mm f/4.0L and I can fill a tiny bit of the frame with the ring, I could fit 80 or so on the frame! Here's the result of the first shoot:
If I use one of the above, then I think I will use one with motion. The still shot is a bit too uninspiring. I particularly like the first shot, it's pretty abstract, almost like smoke. Maybe I should consider different lighting and backgrounds. More colour? Less contrast? I'll head out to the art shop later to get some different colours of paper, probably some pastels.

No comments: