Tuesday 15 April 2008

Assignment 1: curved, rounded, smooth

The following shots are my first attempt at these three contrasts.
Curved
1. 2.
3. 4.
These are all based on a granite ball in the garden, it sits on a circle of pebbles and in the summer water flows up through it and trickles down it's surfaces back into a reservoir below. I think that 1,2 and 3 work pretty well. 4's not so good. 3 might be too abstract, with only the edge of the curve being in focus. At the moment I'm thinking that 2 might be the best.

Rounded
1. 2.
3. 4.
These are all taken in the same areas of the garden as the above pictures. The granite sphere is used in shot 1. I think this shot works well. Shots 2, 3 and 4 are 2 Scottish cobbles that I stacked up. Out of these, I think I prefer 4.

Smooth
1. 2.
Same location for these shots. They you go, a less abstract view of the granite sphere in 2. I think that smoothness is conveyed more in 1. I should try turning on the water pump to see if a flow of water over the sphere helps better convey the smoothness of the granite.

No comments: