Saturday 19 April 2008

Assignment 1: Straight

Yesterday, my little helper (William, our 3 year old son) and I went kite flying, and of course, I took my camera (with just a 17-40mm f/4.0L lens, no tripod, cable release etc). It was great weather for kites, one heck of a wind and nice and constant. The light was poor with a thick cover of clouds. On the way to the flying location, we passed a farmers field and my helper waited whilst I took a few shots. I think this shot works pretty well for straight. The lines lead you into the picture, and the lighting does the same, becoming brighter the further into the picture you get.
I have another shot which might work. It's a tree lined path in a local wood.
And then a third candidate is a wide, tree lined grass path leading from Ashridge monument to Ashridge College. I was fortunate to find a number of deer on the path the day I took this one.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Hi Richard,

You asked for a pointer to my photos, well here it is, I've finally started blogging!

http://photocoffeebuzz.blogspot.com/

BTW like what you have done for Straight.

Regards

Ian